Disney World’s Military “Special” Isn’t so Special for 2022, While Universal Orlando’s Is!
Lots of military families are saying, “It’s been a good Run Disney, but I’m taking my business to Universal.”
Increasingly Walt Disney World is being seen as trying to milk every dollar they can out of their guests, and some in the military community feel Disney’s target is focused on them.
On top of Disney’s constant large ticket and room rate increases are these recent cost increases or reduction in services which cost guests more:
- Disney World began charging guests at their resorts to park their cars which for 46.5 years had been free. Now it’s $15-$25 per night.
- In 202 Disney World cancelled free luggage transport from Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort Room and back.
- For 2022 Disney World has cancelled the Magical Express, free transport from Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort and back.
- Disney converted their free FastPass+ and Max Pass into a 2 tiered pay for shorter lines plan costing a family of four at least $240 for a four day stay and that’s just the intro level, the higher level can cost up to $80 plus tax to have a short wait on a single very popular attraction that is not offered in the intro paid tier.
Throw on top of that recent slights to the military community:
- Late announcements for what was going on with 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets that could not be used,
- Delayed 2021 Salute information,
- A 2022 Salute Salute announcement that came out 2.5 months too late
- Many are unable to get room discounts as resorts have already filled past the point WDW discounts
- And it includes a $30 Salute Ticket Price increase.
Universal Orlando Has always been a Cheaper Option
Rooms at the Universal Orlando Resort have always been cheaper that Disney World’s, with their very best hotels (Premier) priced more like WDW’s moderates AND their Premier hotels include Free Unlimited Express Pass!
Universal Orlando also renewed their awesome Freedom Pass for 2022, with no price increase!
The Freedom Pass is a 365 day pass with no blockout dates that sells for well below Disney Worlds 4-day Military Salute Ticket price!
That’s $200 for an adult 2-park Freedom Pass (with park hoping ability) that is valid every day of the year versus Disney World’s $329 4-day adult Salute Park Hopper, good for 4 days as long as it’s not in the last half of December.
This is an incredibly better value!!!
Is It Time for You to Make the Switch?
Check out this site to get a feel if it is.
We are a new site and are still expanding out content, but we have been in the Orlando theme park info for the military community arena since 2008!
Let us know in the comments if you are thinking about or are going to make the switch to Universal!
Contact our Recommended Travel Agent for reservations:
Planning a Universal Orlando Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Want to get the lowest price on your Universal Orlando Resort Hotel? Contact Our Recommended Military Specializing Travel Agent