The Hard Rock Hotel is one of our favorite Universal Orlando Resort Hotels!
The Hard Rock is one of Universal Orlando’s Premier Resorts. it is the closest Hotel to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and offers all of the Premier Universal Hotel Benefits.
You’ll enjoy quick transportation to the parks, Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the theme park opens, plus Unlimited Express Pass access to attractions when staying at Universal Orlando’s Premier Resorts.
The theme at the Hard Rock Hotel is of course Rock n’ Roll Music! Theming is everywhere, from the rock memorabilia and music playing in the common areas (even underwater in th epool) to the musical touches in your room. You’ll be immersed in the music lifestyle.
Hard Rock Hotel Guest Rooms
The Hard Rock has a wide variety of room types to choose from. All are adorned with Rock n’ Roll touches. My favorite is the full length mirror showing the height of various artists.
Hard Rock Room Types
- Standard View Room: 375 square feet with 2 Queen Beds. Accommodates 5 with rollaway bed. Views of Courtyard or Parking Area, etc.
- Garden View Room: 375 square feet with 2 Queen Beds. Accommodates 5 with rollaway bed. Views of Courtyard Woods.
- Pool View Room: 375 square feet with 2 Queen Beds. 375 square feet with 2 Queen Beds. Accommodates 5 with rollaway bed. Views of Pool Area.
- Deluxe King Room: 400 square feet with 1 King Bed. Accommodates 4 with pull-out sofa bed.
- Deluxe Queen Room: 500 square feet with 1 Queen Bed. Accommodates 5 with pull-out sofa bed.
- Future Rock Star Suite: 800 square feet with 1 King Bed adult bedroom that connects to a separate room for the kids. Kids room only connects to the adult room. Accommodates 5 with pull-out sofa bed. Max 3 adults.
- King Suite: 650 square feet with 1 King Bed. Accommodates 4 with pull-out sofa bed. Max 3 adults.
- Hospitality Suite: 1250 square feet with 1 King Bed. Optional connecting Standard Double Queen Room.
- Graceland Suite: 2000 square feet with 1 King Bed. Optional connecting Standard Double Queen Room.
Prices for standard rooms range between $314 and $554 per night These do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Universal.
Hard Rock Total Room Inventory
654 Rooms and Suites:
- 44 Standard View Rooms
- 319 Garden View Rooms
- 126 Pool View Rooms
- 90 Club Level Standard, Garden, & Pool View Rooms
- 16 Deluxe King Rooms
- 26 Deluxe Queen Rooms
- 14 Future Rock Star Suite
- 2 Club Level Future Rock Star Suite
- 12 King Suites
- 2 Club Level King Suites
- 2 Hospitality Suites
- 1 Graceland Suite
Hard Rock Hotel Dining
The Kitchen – Tapas, Steak & Seafood – BLD – Table Service – It’s the perfect place to sip mimosas and Bloody Marys at breakfast, chow down on shrimp tacos for lunch, or dig into their famous mac and cheese for dinner.
The Palm – D – Table Service – Prime aged steaks and Nova Scotia lobsters, The Palm’s menu features satisfying dishes that reflect the best of an Italian-American heritage.
Emack & Bolio’s Marketplace – BLD – Quick Service – Grab and Go Market featuring Starbucks Coffee.
Velvet Bar – A great place of the lobby for cocktails and appetizers. The sliders are awesome!
Beachclub – This bar and grill offers both a restaurant and poolside service, featuring frozen cocktails, fountain drinks, appetizers and more.
Room Service – 24/7
Hard Rock Hotel Features
- 12,000-square-foot pool featuring an underwater sound system and 260-foot slide.
- Two hot tubs.
- Real sand beach and volleyball court.
- The Sound of Your Stay Program with A-list perks.
- Tracks – Lets you stream a celebrity-curated playlists to amplify your stay.
- Picks – Allows you to choose from a menu of 20 different Fender guitars that can be delivered to your room (down payment and loan agreement required).
- Wax – Offering you a Crosley turntable and your choice of 10 iconic records to experience in you room.
- Stroll through the Hard Rock Hotel’s public areas and explore rare rock ‘n’ roll memorabilia from the Hard Rock’s priceless collection.
- Game Room
- Bodyrock fitness center
- Walking And Jogging Paths
- Rock Shop with authentic Hard Rock apparel and souvenirs
- Hotel Kid’s Camp – At Universal Orlando’s on-site Children’s Activity Centers, kids can kick back with supervised fun and entertainment while the adults enjoy time to themselves.
Hard Rock Hotel Universal Resort Benefits
- Free Unlimited Universal Express Pass
- Priority seating at select restaurants throughout the resort
- Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the theme park opens
- Complimentary transportation to Universal’s theme parks and CityWalk
- Resort-wide charging privileges
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
- Golf Universal Orlando program
- Complimentary access** to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk for the length of stay
Hard Rock Hotel Amenities
- Complimentary wireless internet access in each guest room and most common areas of the hotel
- 300 thread count, 100% cotton bed linens
- Flat Panel Television including HD channels
- Smart room technology for automated heating and air conditioning
- iHome clock radios with iPod docking stations
- Keurig Coffee Makers featuring Emeril’s gourmet coffee and assorted teas
- Three telephones with dual voice lines, data port, and voicemail
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Separate bath and vanity area with two separate sinks
- Hair dryer and make-up mirror in the bathroom
- Cotton signature bathrobes
- Daily newspaper delivery upon request
- Complimentary turndown service upon request
- 24-Hour room service
- Rollaway beds upon request (Fees apply)
- Cribs complimentary upon request
Hard Rock Hotel Location
The Hard Rock Hotel is located right on Universal Orlando Resort’s central waterway and as mentioned above is the closest Hotel to the parks.
The Hard Rock is located closest to the Universal Studios park, while the Islands of Adventure park is a bit further.
Hard Rock Hotel Transportation
Boat transportation is available between The Hard Rock Hotel and Universal CityWalk which is located between the two theme parks
Bus transportation is available to Universal CityWalk’s Bus Depot where you can walk to the parks or transfer to buses bound for all other Universal Orlando destinations.
From the Hard Rock it’s under a quarter mile walk to Universal Studios and under a half mile to Islands of Adventure.
Universal’s Official Travel Time in Minutes from The Hard Rock Hotel to:
|Walking||Shuttle Bus||Water Taxi|
|Islands of Adventure||12-15||15-20||5-10|
Parking fees for registered guests are $28.00 per-night for self-parking and $37.00 per night for valet parking.
Free daily transportation for hotel guests to SeaWorld and Aquatica.
Our Thoughts on the Hard Rock Hotel
The Hard Rock Hotel is the most convenient Hotel on Universal property! It’s a fun hotel with good dining options and a great pool area.
Planning a Universal Orlando Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Want to get the lowest price on your Universal Orlando Resort Hotel? Contact Our Recommended Military Specializing Travel Agent