The Portofino Bay Hotel is one Universal Orlando’s Premier Resort Hotels!
The Portofino Bay Hotel is modeled after the picturesque seaside village of Portofino, Italy, looking much like the actual city, plaza, and bay. This resort is huge and very spread out!
The Portofino Bay Hotel is the furthest Hotel to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure of all the on campus hotels. It offers all of the Premier Universal Hotel Benefits.
You’ll enjoy quick transportation to the parks, Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the theme park opens, plus Unlimited Express Pass access to attractions when staying at Universal Orlando’s Premier Resorts.
As mentioned the theme at the Portofino Bay Hotel is a seaside Italian resort village complete with a plaza overlooking the bay where villagers anchor their boats.
Portofino Bay Hotel Guest Rooms
The Portofino Bay Hotel has a few varieties of room types to choose from. All are tastefully decorated and have great views.
The Portofino offers several options of parlors that can be connected to your room to add additional seating room, beds, and square feet.
Portofino Bay Hotel Room Types
- Garden View and Bay View Rooms: 450 square feet with 1 King or 2 Queen Beds. Accommodates 3 or 5 with rollaway bed.
- Deluxe Rooms: 490 square feet with 1 King or 2 Queen Beds. Accommodates 3 or 5 with rollaway bed.
- Portofino Club Level Rooms: 490 square feet with 2 Queen Beds. Accommodates 5 with rollaway bed.
- Despicable Me Kid’s Suite: 650 square feet. A standard king bedroom for adults connects to a separate room for the kids. Children’s room opens only into adults’ room. accommodates 5 guests (maximum 3 adults)
- Portofino Parlor Suites: 450 square feet (Parlor only), Parlor (sitting room and full bath) connects to either King or Double Queen Garden or Bay View Room, Optional additional connecting Garden or Bay View Room. Accommodates up to 8 guests with Queens and rollaway bed.
- Villa Parlor Suites: 620 square feet (Parlor only), Parlor (split sitting/dining room half and full bath) connects to either King or Double Queen Garden or Bay View Room, Optional additional connecting Garden or Bay View Room. Accommodates up to 8 guests with Queens and rollaway bed.
- Hospitality Parlor Suite: 920 square feet (Parlor only). Parlor (sitting room, dining room, kitchen, and full bath) connects to either King or Double Queen Garden View Room. Accommodates up to 8 guests with Queens and rollaway bed.
- Governatore Suite: 2265 square feet. King bed, optional additional connecting Double Queen Deluxe Room with Club Level access. Accommodates 2 guests.
- Presidente Suite: 2725 square feet. King bed, optional additional connecting Double Queen Deluxe Room with Club Level access. Outdoor terrace with seating for six. Accommodates 2 guests
Prices for standard rooms range between $329 and $554 per night These do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Universal.
Portofino Bay Hotel Total Room Inventory
2200 Rooms and Suites:
- 54 Garden View King Rooms
- 144 Garden View Queen Rooms
- 81 Bay View King Rooms
- 161Bay View Queen Rooms
- 11 Deluxe King Rooms
- 163 Deluxe Queen Rooms
- 91 Portofino Club Level Rooms
- 18 Despicable Me Kid’s Suites
- 12 Portofino Parlor Suites
- 6 Villa Parlor Suites
- 9 Hospitality Parlor Suites
- 2 Governatore Suites
- 1 Presidente Suite
Portofino Bay Hotel Dining
Mama Della’s Ristorante – D – Table Service – Enjoy authentic dishes from Tuscany, Naples, and Piemonte, plus family dining house specialties like Insalata Mama Della and the best lasagna this side of Sicily.
Bice Ristorante – D – Table Service – Bice Ristorante offers Northern Italian cuisine and superb service in an elegant atmosphere. Fresh pasta is rolled daily to create the authentic menu of exquisite dishes, from seafood fettuccini to veal scaloppini and beyond.
Trattoria del Porto – BD – Family-friendly fare with a touch of Italian charm. Both indoor and outdoor plaza dining are available.
Sal’s Market Deli – LD – Quick Service – Stop in for lunch or dinner and choose from a comforting selection of Italian staples like handmade pizzas, sandwiches, salads, meats, cheeses, and fresh fruit.
Bar American – The off lobby bar featuring Black Angus burgers, flatbreads and more.
The Thirsty Fish – This bar and grill offers both a restaurant and poolside service, featuring frozen cocktails, fountain drinks, appetizers and more.
Splendido Bar & Grill – This poolside bar offers specialty drinks, burgers, sandwiches, and more.
Gelateria – Artisan gelato, delectable milkshakes, smoothies, biscotti, and more.
Starbucks – A Starbucks…
Room Service – 24/7
Portofino Bay Hotel Features
- 3 pools
- The Beach Pool – Family friendly, this lively pool area features a Roman aqueduct-themed water slide, a sandy beach, adjacent children’s pool, two Jacuzzis and three colorful beach cabanas.
- The Villa Pool – The serene Villa Pool offers additional amenities including private cabana rentals and upgraded lounge chairs. The cabanas include a ceiling fan, refrigerator, phone and plasma TV.
- The Hillside Pool – A small quiet pool off to the side of the resort
- Game Room
- Mandara Spa – Indulge in pampering skin care, wraps, body treatments, hair and nail care, massages, a complimentary fitness center, and exclusive steam and sauna facilities.
- Walking And Jogging Paths
- Hotel Kid’s Camp – At Universal Orlando’s on-site Children’s Activity Centers, kids can kick back with supervised fun and entertainment while the adults enjoy time to themselves.
- Musica della Notte – Each evening at sunset, the Harbor Piazza comes to life with a complimentary showcase of classic opera and “popera” favorites sung by talented performers.
- Harbor Nights – Spend an enchanted evening on the Harbor Piazza enjoying live music and traditional opera as you sip wine and sample gourmet fare.
Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Resort Benefits
- Free Unlimited Universal Express Pass
- Priority seating at select restaurants throughout the resort
- Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the theme park opens
- Complimentary transportation to Universal’s theme parks and CityWalk
- Resort-wide charging privileges
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
- Golf Universal Orlando program
- Complimentary access** to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk for the length of stay
Portofino Bay Hotel Amenities
- Complimentary wireless internet access in each guest room and most common areas of the hotel
- 300 thread count, 100% cotton bed linens
- Flat Panel Television including HD channels
- Smart room technology for automated heating and air conditioning
- iHome clock radios with iPod docking stations
- Keurig Coffee Makers featuring Emeril’s gourmet coffee and assorted teas
- Three telephones with dual voice lines, data port, and voicemail
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Separate bath and vanity area with two separate sinks
- Hair dryer and make-up mirror in the bathroom
- Cotton signature bathrobes
- Daily newspaper delivery upon request
- Complimentary turndown service upon request
- 24-Hour room service
- Rollaway beds upon request (Fees apply)
- Cribs complimentary upon request
Portofino Bay Hotel Location
The Portofino Bay Hotel is located on Universal Orlando Resort’s central waterway but is the furthest away from all the action of all the Premier Resorts.
The Portofino Bay is located closest to the Universal Studios park, while the Islands of Adventure park is a bit further.
Portofino Bay Hotel Transportation
Water Taxi transportation is available between The Portofino Bay Hotel and Universal CityWalk which is located between the two theme parks
Bus transportation is available to Universal CityWalk’s Bus Depot where you can walk to the parks or transfer to buses bound for all other Universal Orlando destinations.
From the Portofino Bay Hotel it’s over a half mile walk to Universal Studios and three quarters of a mile to Islands of Adventure.
Universal’s Official Travel Time in Minutes from Lowes Portifino Bay Hotel to:
|Walking||Shuttle Bus||Water Taxi|
|Islands of Adventure||20-25||15-20||6-10|
Parking fees for registered guests are $28.00 per-night for self-parking and $37.00 per night for valet parking.
Free daily transportation for hotel guests to SeaWorld and Aquatica.
Our Thoughts on the Portofino Bay Hotel
The Portofino Bay Resort is a big beautiful, relaxing resort, but it is very spread out with large open spaces separating guest service areas.
Planning a Universal Orlando Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Want to get the lowest price on your Universal Orlando Resort Hotel? Contact Our Recommended Military Specializing Travel Agent